OUR MISSION, VISION, VALUES
To partner with local governments, agencies, and associations in order to extend and maintain greenways, trails, and paddle trails to promote a healthy lifestyle and recreational opportunities for residents and visitors in McDowell County.
• Providing connected trails, greenways, and paddle trails to provide safe and accessible places for residents and visitors to enjoy the benefits of outdoor recreation.
• Advocating for greenways and trails to make McDowell County a more pleasant place to live, visit, and work.
• Building, maintaining, and extending sustainable trail corridors to connect communities and protecting the natural environment, leaving a legacy of natural areas for future generations.
• Promoting outdoor recreation to bring greater economic development to our communities and support and expand local businesses.
• Respect - We will strive to treat all people with dignity and respect.
• Inclusiveness – Our outreach efforts to the public will include all individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, disabilities, gender, or orientation.
• Stewardship and Sustainability – We intend to be good stewards of our environment through responsible and sustainable development of greenways, trails, and outdoor spaces.
• Transparency and Fiscal Responsibility – MTA Officers and Board of Directors will conduct business in an open manner and will provide an annual reporting of funds collected and disbursed.
• Collaboration – We value our partnerships and realize more can be accomplished by involving and collaborating with community partners.